Here’s a quick recap how the Friday Five is formatted for your viewing/reading pleasure.
1. The Far Side Returns! My favorite comic strip of all time is back. Gary Larson delighted fans for 15 years from 1980-1995. Twenty-five years later, he came out of retirement to give us more. Once a week the 69-year-old cartoonist uploads a brand new comic strip for Far Side aficionados. And it’s terrific.
2. The Village Church Sermon Podcast. If you’re looking for a good resource to help you deepen your walk with Christ, I recommend The Village Church sermon podcast. It’s the best one I’ve found, and you can add it through apple podcast or google play. While TVC lead pastor Matt Chandler is my favorite pastor to listen to, I appreciate how he shares the pulpit with other pastors. TVC also includes messages delivered at its Fort Worth and Southlake campuses. The result is outstanding preaching from multiple pastors.
3. Windshield Phone Mount. I have tried three or more different cell phone holders in my vehicle. I’ve finally found the perfect one. I really love this one, and it’s compatible with the newest iPhone and Samsung phones. Plus, it’s just $10 on Amazon. No more fumbling around with the cell phone holder. [Cue the Braveheart music] FREEEEEEEDOM!!!!!
4. How Politicians Break the 10th Commandment. I enjoy reading Peter Heck’s commentary over at Disrn. I thought his column back from January demonstrating how a particular elected official violates the commandment against coveting was particularly insightful.
5. C.S. Lewis on Pain. “Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.” – C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain