Each Friday, I’m going to share five things I’ve stumbled across or become familiar with that I genuinely enjoy or find worthwhile. The format will include:
1) Something funny. Maybe even hilarious. Laughter is God-given. Ecclesiastes 3 says we need “a time to laugh.” Laughter also accompanies joy and God’s goodness. Our mouths were filled with laughter then, and our tongues with shouts of joy. Then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.” The Lord had done great things for us; we were joyful. Psalm 126:2-3
3. Something practical. This will probably be something tangible that has helped me. And I’m hoping it will help you. I don’t receive (or wish to receive) any kickbacks or royalties for these recommendations. It’s just real talk that may help make your life a little better. It could be a resource or product.
4. Something newsworthy. I’m not a news junkie. So much of it’s negative. So I’ll probably lean toward some positive news that I thought was important to reflect upon.
5. Something contemplative. Think memorable quote or Scripture reference. I’m hoping it will stimulate your mind as you head into your weekend.
Without further ado, here’s this week’s Friday Five.
1. Bill Murray’s Groundhog Day Superbowl commercial. Okay, give props to Jeep for having the vision to put this together. But let’s face it. Bill Murray makes it work. It’s genius, and he’s a legend. Groundhog Day is one of my all-time favorite comedies. The commercial is extraordinary.
3. Puffy Mattress. I’ve spent many nights on different mattresses, sleeping on a sleeping mat, or sleeping on the ground. I have enjoyed both Casper and Puffy mattresses, but my favorite mattress I’ve ever slept on is Puffy. It’s fantastic. When we moved to Korea and received our household goods, I was most thankful to get our Puffy mattress. It’s the perfect balance between soft and firm. Right now, you can save $300 off a queen mattress and purchase for $850.
4. Pro-life Presidency. In January, President Trump became the first US President to speak at the March for Life. Hundreds of thousands of pro-life Americans have peacefully protested America’s abortion laws for decades. Vice-President Pence became the first sitting vice-president to address the pro-life protestors last year. You can watch the full speech here.
5. Ephesians 4:32 “And be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving one another, just as God also forgave you in Christ.”
Who do you need to forgive? For deep hurt and pain, the first step toward forgiveness (forgiveness is sometimes a process) may be showing kindness and compassion to the person who hurt you.