A cool feature Amazon presented to me was my “Top Songs of 2019.” Granted the list was a little skewed due to some beloved songs repeatedly played by my four children. For instance, my three year old son particularly loves Sesame Street and Paw Patrol theme songs.
However, I adjusted for those anomalies and listed the top 20 from Amazon’s list of 63 songs. No idea why they settled on 63. I guess I need to ask Alexa.
The vast majority of these songs I listened to during my workouts. Normally, I listen to podcasts when driving or taking a train (when I was in Poland). I’ve learned that listening to podcasts during workouts can stymie gains and distract you from the task at hand. For more on the research behind the correlation between fitness and music, check out Art of Manliness’ podcast, “Research- Backed Answers to All Your FAQs”
Without further ado, here were my favorite workout songs in 2019. The links go to either music videos or lyric videos, so it’s easy for you to check them out. Hope you enjoy them and add a few (or a lot) to your playlist in 2020!
Bonus: None of them have profanity. Safe for the whole family!
- New York City – Owl City
- Cloud Nine – Owl City
- Purple Dinosaur – nobigdyl
- Right on Time – Aaron Cole (ft Tobymac)
- Ooh Ahh (My Life Be Like) – Grits (ft. Tobymac)
- Same Power – Jeremy Camp
- Blessings – Lecrae ft. Ty Dolla $ign
- Something Just Like This – The Chainsmokers (ft. Coldplay)
- Kings & Queens – Mat Kearney
- Dare You to Move – Switchfoot
- Feel So Close (radio edit) – Calvin Harris
- Hot Air Balloon – Owl City
- Background – Lecrae (ft. Andy Mineo)
- Like I Love You – Lost Frequencies
- Sooner or Later – Mat Kearney
- I’ll Find You – Lecrae (ft. Tori Kelly)
- Fight for Me – Gawvi (ft. Lecrae)
- The Ocean – Mike Perry (ft. Shy Martin)
- With Me – Andromedik
- Better than I Used to Be – Mat Kearney
Congrats to Lecrae (feature picture) for appearing the most in my top 20.
What songs do you enjoy listening to during workouts? Please drop me some of your favorites in the comments.
Thanks for reading (and listening),